I’ve been wanting to make a cocktail or SOMETHING inspired by tiramisu, but the ideas I had felt a little silly. Fortunately, the solution came to me today as I remembered back to “old fashioned” jello dessert recipes.
Kraft has a Cool ‘N Easy Pie recipe which is basically mixing up jello as you normally would, combining it with Cool Whip, and throwing it in a graham cracker pie crust, and while I can’t be sure if I’ve had that particular pie, I knew it was popular.
So working from that recipe, I came up with today’s boozy dessert which tastes a lot like tiramisu. I won’t say it’s an exact replication of it, but my husband had it and loved it! And this is a man who doesn’t like the flavor of coffee! I’m absolutely shocked and can now fully recommend doing this.
Granted, there’s not a lot of booze, but it works out to be 1 oz of liqueur per serving which makes it grown-up enough. You could make this virgin by substituting a vanilla simple syrup for the creme de cacao and chocolate Cool Whip for the regular variety.
One way or another, this is stupendously easy, inexpensive (compared to the real thing), and pretty neat.
Wait, did I mention it’s delicious? Cos it’s that, too.
This work is copyrighted – do NOT publish/repost/use it without my permission.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 package Knox gelatin
- ½ cup Coffee (or espresso mixed 50:50 with hot water)
- ½ cup Creme de cacao
- 4 oz Cool Whip (half of an 8 oz container, frozen)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Combine coffee and gelatin.
- Heat until gelatin has bloomed properly. I determine that the gelatin has bloomed correctly when there are no lumps and the whole thing wants to boil over.
- Add creme de cacao.
- Mix in Cool Whip thoroughly with a whisk.
- Distribute among 4 containers and refrigerate until set.
- Prior to serving, dust with cocoa powder.
If you’re new to this blog (as I’m sure you are), please click around for more cocktails, and follow me on Pinterest for all the latest!
I’m going to need all the encouragement (and sippy cups) I can get!
Click just below here to leave a comment!
The little + balloon with a tail!